How to Register a Dispute
QUERY AN INACCURACY PRESENT ON YOUR CREDIT REPORT.
Each consumer is required to apply for their credit report directly from the Bureau before filing a dispute. If you identify inaccuracies in your report and wish to challenge this information, you may register a dispute with the Bureau to have the matter investigated. A completed Dispute Form is required to register a dispute.
DOWNLOAD FORM HERE: Data Query Form_V2_Revised 2020
Notes to Completing the Dispute Form
- Fill in your personal information at the top
- The name of the credit information provider (the institution where you have or had the loan) e.g. NCB/BNS etc.
- What is incorrect (the current information stated on the credit report)
- Making reference to the Contract Code provided on the Credit Report. (Cannot be found on Page #2)
- What is correct (a true statement of what the report should be reflecting)
- Sign and date at “signature of the complainant” – written signature/E-signature
If you are disputing contracts for multiple institutions, please fill out a separate dispute form for each institution
Name of Credit Information Provider is the name of the institution which reported the incorrect information. Once a dispute is registered, the Bureau will liaise with the reporting institution to have the matter investigated and corrected where applicable. This process takes up to fourteen days. On completion of the investigation, you will be notified of the outcome. If the credit information was amended, you will receive an updated credit report via email and a copy will also be sent to each institution that pulled your report in the last six months.
For any other requests or queries please contact Customer Service at 876-633-7023 or email@example.com